segunda-feira, fevereiro 08, 2010

Whatever Works! - Woody Allen

By the standards of a
mindless, barbaric civilization, I've been pretty lucky.
I was married to a beautiful woman, who had family money.
For years we lived on Beekman Place.
I taught at Columbia. String theory!


Boris: I see everything so clearly now. Everything! I married you for all the wrong reasons.

Jessica: What's that supposed to mean?

B: You're brilliant. I wanted someone to talk to. You loved classical music, you loved art, you loved literature. You loved sex! You loved me!

J: Those sound like pretty good reasons to me!

B: Yes! Exactly! That's the problem! That's the problem! It was rational, it made sense! I don't know what went wrong. When you examine it, there is so much right about us. On paper we're ideal. But life isn't on paper...

2 comentários:

Soraiadodot disse...

Está muito giro o filme! As frases finais então estão óptimas (a parte em que ele diz que odeia a noite de ano novo hahaha)! Tb fiz um post, com essa parte ;)
E uma coisa é certa, "A bigger part of your existence is luck, more than you'd like to admit..."
Beijinho*

Pintas nos Olhos disse...

Gosto do excerto.

"That's the problem! it was rational, it made sense!"

Põe-nos a pensar...